Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to business

Just finished a 4 day long bender in the big apple with Mango and Coach.  I'm pretty sure the stuff we got into knocked a year or two off our lives, but it was most definitely worth it.  Ate like crap, partied all night, great time overall.  But now, its back to business as usual and training for sectionals.

It's great to kick off the new year back home in Chicago for the rest of my winter break.  Went back to CFC tonight and received a warm welcome from all of my friends.  It's good to be back home.

Worked on jerks tonight, and its a good thing too - jerk are one of my weakest areas.  Took my 1 rep max, which is #200, added 5 pounds to that, and took 90% of that weight which turned out to be #184.5.  Worked 3x3x3+ @ 70%/80%/90% of #184.5.  Weights were #130, #147.5, and #167 respectively.  Push jerked the first two sets - my push jerk is weaker than my split jerk so I figured I'd get some work in on those while the weight was still on the lighter side.  My split jerks with #167 felt really strong - I ended up with 6 on the last set.  My splits were nice and long - usually this is one of my biggest problems.  Felt really solid - eager to try and find a new 1RM.

Worked handstand pushups for 3 sets max reps with 1 min rest in between sets.  Ended with 5, 2, 3.  Used a mat - HSPU are bigtime on my sucklist.

WOD
4 rounds of
15 push presses #87 (60% of my 1RM strict press)
15 pull ups
5:09

WOD felt awesome.  First two rounds unbroken.  Hit a wall on the third set which was the most broken out of all four.  PP's were 5, 5, 5.  Pull ups were 8, 7.  Fourth round of PP's were 8, 7 (thanks to Bryce yelling in my ear) and pull ups were very scattered.  Very long wrist tightness after this workout - I'm clearly overgripping.

Diet for the day -
Breakfast - 3 eggs, 3 slices turkey bacon, 1 avocado, grapes
Lunch - Chicken w/ spicy mustard, 1 apple, 1 red pepper, hummus, almonds
Snack - Beef jerky, cashews
Pre-wod - Muscle milk
Post- wod - Beef jerky, dried pears
Dinner - Chicken w/ spicy mustard, broccoli, celery, grapes, strawberries, beef jerky, cashews

Need more veggies!

2 comments:

  1. JSwid, Sorry I missed your performance tonight but it looks like you killed it. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rudy - great to be back!

    ReplyDelete