Tuesday, January 12, 2010

F*ck Deadlifts

Crossfit Total tonight - 755.  Breakdown:

Back Squat - #285
Shoulder Press - #145
Deadlift - #325

Not very happy with this.  All three were previous PR's.  I've had that deadlift PR for almost a year.  Might have gotten #335 or #345, but I attempted #350 three times and failed all three.  Couldn't move the bar past my shins.   I'm the definition of stripper deadlifting.  Even after tips from Rudy and Bryce, the Flip Cam didn't lie - my hips shoot up as soon as I begin to lift the weight.  Shooting my hips up takes away most, if not all, my power away from my legs and engages my lower back almost 100%.  Not good.  Need to work on driving my heels into the ground, keeping my chest big, and PICKING THE F*CKING WEIGHT UP OFF THE GROUND.  Sorry, I'm just a bit peeved about this.

Had some good support from Kerry, Tim, Bryce, and everyone else in the gym.  I think I need to channel my old girlfriend, Jolie.  A private session or two on how to avoid the stripper deadlift should do the trick.



Diet for the day:

Breakfast - 4 eggs, apple, grapes, sunflower butter, 4800mg fish oil

Lunch - Chicken, broccoli, carrots

Pre-wod - Muscle Milk

Post-wod - Muscle Milk, dried pears, beef jerky

Dinner - Chicken w/ spicy mustard, brussel sprouts, apple, sunflower butter, 4800mg fish oil

2 comments:

  1. Try doing more speed deadlifts. ie 50% of max fast! see if that will break your plateau. If need something a bit more structured, you can always go with the Coan-Phillipi 10 week program: http://tsampa.org/training/scripts/coan_phillipi_deadlift/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rudy. I need all the help I can get in this area.

    ReplyDelete