Monday, January 18, 2010

Lets hear it for New York

Just got back to the the Big Apple today, and about to begin my second semester at NYU.  It was really great being home the last two weeks - I got to do nothing all day and WOD with my favorite people at night.  Heaven.

However, I  was very exited to return to Crossfit Virtuosity today and get back to East Coast WOD'ing.   Crossfit South Brooklyn is closed, so Virtuosity was flooded with BK'ers looking for some competitive action.  Needless to say, I wasn't feeling 100% today from the get go.  This could have resulted from a) a long travel day, b) just having an 'off' day, or c) the ribs and chocolate cake I had last night.  Lets not point any fingers.

Started off with 5x5 back squat.  Normally my favorite lift, I fell well below my expectations.  Failing at #245 after the 3rd rep did not make me a happy camper.  Dropped down to #230 and finished the remaining sets of 5 at that weight.  Just wasn't mentally there for these today.  Oh well, on to the metcon.

3 rounds of:
21 push press #95
15 double unders
9 pull ups

5:49

Semi-satisfied with my time.  I was making great time until the last set of double unders.  Normally a skill I am quite proficient at, I completely fell apart.  Just couldn't find my rythm on that last set.  First round was completely unbroken.  All pull ups unbroken.  Good to be back in NYC - looking forward to more CFSBK competitiveness.

Diet for the day:
Breakfast - 3 eggs, 1 avocado, 1 apple
Lunch - Bag of beef jerky, almonds
Pre-wod - Deli turkey, cashews, carrots
Post-wod - Dried pears
Dinner - 2.5 bowls of paleo chili

No comments:

Post a Comment