Thursday, December 31, 2009

She's Baaaaaack

To continue from yesterdays post, dinner last night was a half pound burger with bacon and avocado, fries w/ ketchup, and a vodka/water/lime later in the evening.  Tasted great, and surprisingly didn't feel that awful afterwards.

Maybe I should eat like that more often...big time PR in the gym today with none other than Crossfit's most famous workout - Fran.  For those of you who don't know, Fran is:

21, 15, 9 of
#95 thrusters
pull ups

4:06

Man this workout felt good.  Butterfly pull ups felt really solid, and only in the 9 set did I switch back to the gymnastic kip.  Previous PR was around 4:55, so I'm thrilled with this time.  Honestly, I just wanted to survive it based on the previous night's diet and lack of sleep (not because we were out, I just didn't sleep well).  Part of my motivation during the workout was going up against both Chris and Bryce.  Both athletes are stronger and have better metabolic conditioning than I do, so this workout was a big win for me.  Had a great push from Keith and Anne from Virtuosity as well.

Diet for the day
Breakfast - 3 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1 slice paleo banana bread, 1 banana, handful of brazil nuts

Post-wod - muscle milk

Lunch - Large salad with chicken, steak, avocado, veggies, cheese (oops) and dressing (not sure, prob sugar based)

Dinner - TBD

Heading out to NYE party with Mango, Coach, and Andy.  Should be full of lots of non-paleo activities.  Also looking forward to a pizza party tomorrow.    

2 comments:

  1. paleo banana bread? what? how is that even possible? can you send me the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison can send you the recipe. She gave it to me.

    ReplyDelete