Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chasing coach

Bryce and Mango are in town!  So, first thing we do?  Hit the gym.  


Warmed up, then hit 5x5 heavy deads.  Deads are probably my worst lift, so I'm always dreading them.  


185 - 225 - 245 - 265 - 300 (PR)


300 felt really strong.  Had Bryce, Keith and Chris yelling at me.  Had it taped, and surprisingly kept great form.  Probably had a few more in me as well.  Very curious now as to what my one rep max is.  Great push from everyone.


WOD 
5 rounds of:


21 Double Unders
7 Hang Power Cleans @ #135
3 Push Jerks @ #135


8:53


Had a good old fashion face off with Bryce.  Stayed with him on the first round - 21 straight double unders.  Did my first round only 5 seconds slower than coach.  Then he started to pull away - shoulders slowly became super fried from the double unders and kept losing my breath.  Last set turned into quick singles.  Bryce and Chris yelling in my face to do them quickly really helped.  All push jerks (pressed many of 'em) were unbroken.  Great workout.


Diet for the day:


Breakfast 
3 eggs
3 slices bacon
frozen fruit
brazil nuts


Pre-wod
quarter pound ham w/ mustard and mayo
banana
brazil nuts


Post-wod
muscle milk
banana


Dinner
TBD - out with mango and coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment